The FVP-25 is an Encryption/DTMF Paging Unit which permits secure voice communications with stations within your network, while preventing others from listening using normal communications equipment. It allows paging, and enables
selective calling using DTMF tone sequences.
F2D-8 is a Two-Tone Decoder Unit which enables selective calls to be received from another station, such as a dispatcher.
The VTP-50 is a module which provides a complete multi-channel digital-access radio trunking system.
- Make sure that the transceiver is off. Re- move the hard or soft case, if used.
- Remove the two screws affixing the belt clip and remove the belt
clip, then remove the battery pack.
- Locate the connector for the "Optional Unit" under the Ni-Cd caution seal in the battery compartment on the back of the radio. If an optional module is already installed, it may be removed at this time.
- Align the connector on the Optional Unit with the transceiver's connector and gently press the unit into place.
- Affix the new (supplied) Ni-Cd caution seal, and replace the battery and the belt clip.
- Installation is now complete.