|Amplified Charger consists of
a standard Sceptar/Alps Desktop Charger modified to provide amplified
Audio and RF for Sceptar VHF, Sceptar UHF or ALPS Tone and Voice pagers.
It Includes a Speaker with a built-in amplifier, two AA size alkaline
battery holder and a modified standard Desktop Charger with an AC
Adapter. Please note that the Amplifier Charger can only be used with a
Sceptar or ALPS pager equipped with an earphone jack (option)
- Set the Desktop Charger on a shelf or on top of a desk and close
to an AC outlet.
- Make sure that the Speaker's power switch is in the
- Insert the batteries into the battery compartment of the Speaker.
Make sure that the polarities are right. The battery compartment is
marked with negative (-) and positive (+) positions.
- Connect the Speaker plug to the speaker jack on top of the left
side of the Desktop Charger.
- Set the Speaker at least 2 feet from the Desktop Charger and on
the same level or higher. This is important, as the Speaker cord is
a part of the internal antenna system.
- Insert the AC adapter into the AC outlet and connect its DC plug
to the DC jack on the backside of the Desktop Charger.
- Set the pager to the preferred mode according to its Operation
- Insert the pager into the Desktop Charger.
- Connect the wire-plug from the top of the right side of the
Desktop Charger to the earphone jack on top of the right side of the
- Set the Speaker's power switch to its "ON" position.
Charging - Please note that the charging
time of the pager's NiCd battery will be slightly longer when using the Amplified
Charger compared with the standard Desktop Charger.
External Antenna - An external antenna
(i.e. outdoor type) can be connected to the BNC jack at the backside of
the Desktop Charger whenever there might be a need for an extended range