KHz to 1299.99 MHz
|VERSATILE SQUELCH / MONITOR KEY
- Many compact receivers do not allow easy monitoring of weak signals. The VR-500, however, includes both a manual Squelch control (on the top panel) and a pushbutton Monitor key, which allows you to "open" the Squelch and listen for weak signals near the background noise level. Whether you're listening from a noisy or quiet location, the VR-500 has the adjustment capability you need!
CONVENIENT "PRESET" OPERATING MODE
- For maximum convenience in beginning an operating season, the VR-500 includes a "PRESET" operating mode, which consists of ten pre-programmed starting frequencies, complete with appropriate listening modes and channel steps. Once you've touched a key to select a PRESET band, you may then use the main tuning knob to move around the operating band you've selected. Included in the PRESET bands are the following selections:
1 MHz Fast Steps for quick frequency excursions.
Front-End 20 dB Attenuator for operation in high-signal environments.
RF Squelch allows muting of signals below specified signal strength.
Power On/Power Off Timers for enhanced battery drain management.
Adjustable Battery Saver for long battery life.
Extensive Menu Customization of receiver operating parameters.
Clone Capability to allow copying of memory data another VR-500.
Computer Control via Yaesu's ADMS-1 Windows™-compatible software.
Supplied Accessories: Antenna, Hand Strap, Belt Clip.
|HUGE 1091-CHANNEL MEMORY
SYSTEM WITH SEARCH & SCAN - The VR-500's Memory System includes a whopping 1091 total memories, with 1000 of these being "regular" memories and the balance being utilized for special features. The memories may be scanned at a rate of 12 channels per second, so you can keep up with the monitoring action.
Memory System Features:
- Regular Memories (1000 Channels)
The memory channels of the VR-500 store frequency and operating mode (USB, AM, WFM, etc.), and are partitioned into ten Memory Banks, each capable of holding up to 100 channels. You may label each memory with an Alpha/Numeric "Tag" of up to eight characters each, for easy channel recognition as you operate. Within the Memory System, you can scan only "flagged" memories (Preferential Memory Scan), scan only within the current memory bank (Bank Scan), or scan just for stations on a particular mode, like NFM (Mode Scan).
- Search Band Memories (10 Channels)
For "VF0" scanning within user-programmed band limits, the VR-500 provides ten such frequency pairs. The VR-500 will search for activity at a rate of 24 channels per second, and continue to loop within the preset band limits until you exit this operating mode.
- Preset Channel Memories (19 Channels + 10 Weather Channels)
Included in the "Preset" mode are 19 "starting point" memories for operation in the Preset mode, plus a "Weather" memory slot, which allows selection of any of the standard weather broadcast channels.
- Dual Watch Memories (10 Channels)
The Dual Watch feature allows you to monitor two frequencies, with the VR-500 rapidly switching between the two channels, looking for activity. The VR-500 will halt when one of the channels becomes occupied, and will resume when the activity ceases.
- Priority Memory (1 Channel)
While operating elsewhere on your VR-500, you can designate a special "Priority" memory to be watched for activity, as with Dual Watch.
- Smart Search™ Memories (11/21/31/41 Channels)
The Smart Search™ function causes the VR-500 to sweep the band, looking for channel activity. When occupied channels are found, the VR-500 will automatically note the frequency without stopping; thereafter, you may return to the newly-memorized channels by rotating the main tuning knob. The size of the Smart Search™ Memory Bank may be varied: 11/21/31/41 channels.
SEE WHAT YOU NEED??
Got a Question?